Thursday, July 30, 2009

I heart epidurals!



Yup, that means we finally have a baby. Brady William Morgan graced us with his prescence at 3:21 am on Monday morning. He measured in at 6 lbs 11 oz and 18 3/4 in. After the 9 hard months of pregnancy, he was kind enough to give me a short labor and delivery. I started having contractions Sunday morning and went to the hospital around 10 pm. Luckily, I was far enough along that I got my epidural fairly quickly and then things really started to move along. Epidurals are such a blessing for me and make things so much easier. After about an hour I sort of pushed twice and out he came. Obviously, he has a very full head of hair and surprisingly doesn't look that much Peyton (although he is starting to more and more.) It has taken a bit, but he is getting cuter all the time. Like a good little boy, he has taken to the boob quite well, so we will see if that keeps up. We are all still tired and recovering, but have LOTS of family around right now so we are getting help and have even had a few visitors. Thanks for all your well wishes and congrats. I'll try to keep a good update going and fill in more of the holes when I can see straight again!

For the most part, Peyton doeasn't really care that Brady is here, but this is him being cute with the baby at the hospital. Every now and then he will give him kisses and hugs.

This is a good comparison of Parker, Erica's son, and Brady. I don't know why Brady is trying to kiss Parker, but there is definitely a big difference between the two.

Ewww, the gross stage, but this is Brady fresh from the oven!

See here he is starting to look more like Peyton now that he is a few days older.

5 comments:

Clarissa said...

Oh....how cute! Congratulations! I hope that you are feeling good!

Nathan and Raya said...

Wahoo!!!
I'm so excited that he is here!!!
He kind of reminds me of Brynlee...except he's more alert! She's a super sleepy baby, for now.
I can't wait to see you guys.
Good work!

Stacie said...

Congrats!!!! He is so cute :) I can't wait to meet him. Sorry I haven't made it out there yet. We have had a traumatizing week trying to move our last few things and to get the computer up and running. I promise you will see me soon.

BJ Barnes said...

Brady is ADORABLE!!! :) You must be so happy ( and sleepy ), to finally have him where you can hold him in your arms! :) I'm so happy for you guys!! :)
So far I think Brady looks like his daddy and his grandpa Doug! :) I think Peyton looks like his grandpa too, though! Do you see the resemblance there or is it just me? :) - Congratulations!!! :)

Angel Observations said...

Congratulations! He looks so alert. Hard to believe he is a newborn. He's a cutie!