Monday, July 20, 2009

Do you want fries with that?

The Offender!

Peyton has always been a lover of french fries, but last night he was in one of his particular moods, to put it delicately, and he refused to eat anything but them. An epic battle then ensued between P and most of the adults to get him to eat some dinner before he got more fries. Who would win? Would Peyton get another fry before he ate his hot dog? Well, if Mom had anything to do with it he would have. I swear she was restraining with all her might not to slip him one. In the end, there was no victor. No one earned the spoils. Even trying to trick him into eating a fry at the same time as the hot dog didn't work. Peyton ended up not eating another bite of fry or questionable bits of meat. This mega-level tantrum did make for a pretty pathetic site, and a camera moment Jesse just couldn't resist. Grandpa has declared this a fry free household for a while till P can learn to eat all the different things on his plate. I'm sure they will be missed.

This is where Dad and I tried to get him to eat a fry and hot dog bite at the same time, he promptly spit them both back out.

2 comments:

BJ Barnes said...

Peyton has soundly stole my heart! I too am a potato fan! I love them fried, mashed, in chip form, as a potato salad, or potato soup, - you name it, - if it's potatoes, I'm all about it!! :) That photo of him with grandpa is adorable!:) Even though I see both mommie and daddy in Peyton, I have to say that he looks like a little clone of his grandpa! :) Too cute!! :) What a little dear-heart! :)

BJ Barnes said...

P.S. ... I mentioned my blog to your folks on their blog but never thought to mention it to you! It's title is "Enjoy The Journey!" and is < rudnbj.blogspot.com > It's mostly about my love of gardening, nature, and family, but feel free to take a peak! :)
I love blogging because it allows us to get to know, love, and appreciate each other better! :) I've only been blogging and taking photos since March of this year, so consider myself a beginner! :)