Friday, July 24, 2009

The Waiting Game

Well, it's Friday and I still have not had this baby. And unfortunately, I am not going to get any immediate relief from my current state either. Apparently, July is a very bad month to have a baby. The hospital is, again, all booked up and way behind as it is, so when am I scheduled? Wednesday at 6 am with a 5 am call in time. That means I have to be all ready to go by 5 but there is still a 50/50 chance I won't get to go in. Let's hope this baby decides to come on his own soon. I doubt I have that much luck, but it's worth a shot! Now is the painstaking time all pregnant women go through, waiting for signs of the coming child. Bad thing for me is I can't do a lot to distract myself. Oh, what I wouldn't give to be able to go shopping or see a movie, just something to get my mind off of it. Erica was nice enough to bring Parker out yesterday so I could watch him while she napped. That helped, but I realize she can't come out everyday. Things might even be better if I could eat my usually comforting foods, but that dang heartburn is keeping me on cold cereal, sandwiches, and slim fasts. Not exactly the food you go running to in a time of emotional need. Wow, that was quite whiny. Sorry, I am venting, which is just a nice way of saying I am complaining. Well it is now quite well documented how miserable I am feeling so I shouldn't need to commit to permanent existence any more complaints, I hope!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Well if you wait until Wednesday, maybe the boys & I won't be sick anymore & we can come see you guys!

I actually have an appointment up in Olympia Tuesday though... so that day would be awfully convenient. ;0)

I'm sorry you're so miserable! The end is always the worst part - never knowing when it's gonna happen. Hang in there! He can't stay in there forever!

Nathan and Raya said...

Atleast you have a some home of knowing when exactly he's coming. I think the worst part for me this time (in the end) was the unknown, plus I didn't know what it was like to go into labor without being induced...so more unknown. Hopefully you'll get a happy phone call on Weds. morning! Only a few more days...you can do it!