Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Get it out, get it out!

That is really becoming my new mantra. The amount of pain that this child is putting me in is crazy. Luckily, I was able to get into the doctor today so I could find out where I am at and talk about getting an induction. Unfortunately, I did not learn that I was in labor or super far along, but I am at 2 cm, 75% effaced, and the baby is at -1 station. She wasn't able to scrape the membranes because I have strep B this time, but she thought the exam might be enough to push me over...no luck so far. More bad news, I wasn't able to schedule my inducement yet because I actually have to reach 39 weeks before the hospital will let us. The doc doesn't think i will make it to next week, but if I'm still prego on Friday, I'm supposed to call in and schedule one. At least I know this kid will come out at some point, most likely within two weeks, but sitting around and waiting just sucks. We really should come with one of those pop up timers. Right now I am just trying to do what I can to start things up, without killing myself in the process. Think contracting thoughts!

2 comments:

BJ Barnes said...

I love your sudjestion that women should come with a pop-up timer so we know when we're ready to deliver and just get on with it! :) This babe will be here, in your arms, before you know it! :)

Nathan and Raya said...

Hang in there, your so close! Plus you should enjoy not having a baby before he arrives. I'm so tired and sore today! I've been so busy and haven't rested yet since she was born. So, enjoy it while you can!