Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My Chelan-Man


Jesse has now completed his first triathlon. Well, technically it is a sprint triathlon which means the distances are a bit shorter (1/2 mile swim, 13.1 mile bike, and 3.1 mile run) but that was probably good since he didn't really get to train for it. I was sad I didn't get to see him do it, but he had his brother there doing it with him and I'm still really proud of him. Apparently, he loved it and now wants to do more. He'll probably stick with the sprints for a while since we can't afford a bike and he doesn't have a place to swim.

Now for the results. Like I said, he did it with his brother, Casey, and it took place in Chelan. There was about 100 men competing and he came in at 49 with an overall time of 01:32:10. His individual event times were 00:20:40 for the swim, 00:39:18 for the bike, and 00:29:25 for the run. Unfortunately, his knee was still bothering him so the run didn't go as well as he would have liked, but he was happy with the rest of his times, and bonus he beat his brother by about 8 min. Way to go honey!

I sent him with the camera, but you know boys, he only came back with a few photos. I suppose I should be happy he took any.

This is him and his brother before the race standing in front of all the bikes.

And the triumphant after photo, he came back with his hair still looking like that.

1 comment:

BJ Barnes said...

Way to go Jesse!!! :)