Saturday, August 8, 2009

Brady's first week


We did it, we survived a whole week and everybody is healthy and accounted for. Overall, he has been a very good baby. He still loves to cuddle with his mama, but he is not on me nearly as much. Unfortunately, he still likes to feed for 1-2 hrs so I have switched over to bottles at night(which he drinks much faster) to save my sanity, but I am trying to do mostly boob during the day. We have already had a couple outings, mostly to the doctor, but we did take him to, ready, a movie! I know, I hate people that bring their noisy kids to the movies, but I had been dying to see Harry Potter and I didn't know what to do with him. I promise, if he wasn't a new newborn I never would have done it. Luckily, he was very well behaved and only whimpered a little near the end. Plus we picked the afternoon show and it was almost deserted. This weekend will be his first night away from home because we are headed out to Morton to see family and get him blessed along with his cousin. Other than that our days are still mostly about survival and I am very nervous for Jesse to go back to work, but what are you going to do. Enjoy the pics. BTW, I think he is definitely looking more like Peyton now, sometimes eerily so.


Peyton is starting to acknowledge him more. He often comes and lays his head down beside him or gives him kisses, but for the most part he doesn't exist.


Parker is still about twice Brady's size but we got them to cuddle all cute together. Hopefully they'll get to be good play mates growing up together.

1 comment:

BJ Barnes said...

You've survived Brady's first week and now have the rest of his life to go! :) Never fear, you will do just fine with him, like you are doing with Peyton! :) They are such adorable boys!! :) I am so happy for you!! :)