Sunday, November 23, 2008

Girls Twilight Night

For Twilight fans Friday was probably a big day for you. I have a couple of friends who are really into the series, so they were dying to see the movie, and thus a girls night was born. Stacie and Clarissa (the Twilighters) planned it first and then invited Heidi and I (the non-Twilighters) along. Even though neither Heidi or I were dying to see the film, we were dying to get out of the house, so we got on board. The Twilighters actually wore shirts that said "Twilighters" just in case there was any confusion as to how big of fans they were, but it really pointed out that we weren't.


Stacie and Heidi in the car on our ride to the movie.

Our movie started at 8:10 and we couldn't get there very early, but we already bought our tickets so we thought we might be ok, I mean it is Lewis County. Well, while the gracious Clarissa was buying us snacks, Stacie and I went to find seats and were greeted by a group of people also trying to find seats. The place was pretty packed and the only seats left were in ones and a few twos, so we could go to this show if we didn't want to sit together, but that is lame. There was this other lady that was way more pissed about it than us though. luckily, they gave us a refund and we got tickets to the next show at 9:20. Now we just had to wait around. So we stood in line and ate our popcorn and chatted while we waited to get our seats. When we got the go ahead, Stacie and I took off and got us 4 seats together in the middle.

Now to the movie, so here is a spoiler alert, if you haven't seen the movie and plan to or don't want to hear a bad review, I don't encourage you to read on, or at least skip this paragraph. Yeah, so I did not like this movie. I know everyone else probably loved it, but I got really bored. I kept wondering how long it had been and how long we had left, that is never a good sign. Truthfully, I kind of thought I might like it based on the previews because it looked like more action less creepy love story. But nope, it was mostly creepy love story, little bit of action. I really, really enjoyed parts of it, so if they shortened the movie down to about an hour that would great. To me Edward is not at all dreamy and I can't imagine falling hopelessly in love with him. Everything seemed a little to obvious, so there was no mystery to it even. I don't see how it can be compared to Harry Potter. (Which reminds when the previews started some of the women got really excited and let out a scream, so when I saw the preview for Harry Potter I let a little yelp, that's right!) Anyways, I gave it about a 4 or 5. I figured if I got that bored watching it I would definitely get bored reading it. Love stories just aren't my thing. It will be funny to see how each of us thought differently about it.

After the movie, we decided all the kids and husbands were in bed, so we might as well extend the evening and after a quick stop at Wally's for some dog food and milk we headed over to Applebees. Heidi and I were both hungry and we got salads while the other girls just desserts. I think because they were closing, our waitress was busy doing closing stuff, but she was so slow in helping us that it took us a really long time to get out of there. We spent most of our time there with the girls naming a movie and me telling them if I liked it or not, "Fast and the Furious" yes, "The Notebook" no, "She's the Man" yes, "Men in Black" no. Apparently I am a fascinating specimen because I don't like normal girl movies and stuff, I tried telling you!

Even with the unstellar movie, it was a really fun evening and I think it makes us all wish for more no responsibilty or putting the kids to bed girls nights. All the other girls got more pictures than me so I will post more as I steal some from them.

No comments: