Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Chocolaty Weekend

This past weekend I spent my time making Christmas chocolates. My grandma always makes them and last year when I lived in Spokane, I decided to learn the trade. It is a lot of work, but at the same time is really fun. Each day I just set up camp at the table with all my work supplies and a TV with some Christmas movies and go to town, for about 7 hrs, yep now you know why I need the TV. It definitely wasn't the same this year, not having my Grams to talk to, but I was proud of how much I got done on my own. Saturday I did have a little helper, Jesse sat down and did some peanut clusters for me. I did those and peanut butter cups, huckleberries (both of which are much harder because you have to paint the molds, yikes time consuming) and chocolate covered pretzels (yuck!) I am pretty worn out after wards, but then luckily I have some chocolate to comfort myself!

Peyton wearing the grandkids Christmas apron, he didn't really help me, but he looked cute!

No comments: