Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A visit from the cousins


Saturday, we got a very rare visit from my cousin's Monica and Molly. We see them every once in a while, but it is very rare that they visit us because they are super wussy and hate driving this far. Anyways, we are glad they came and they brought their kids (Dylan and new baby Allison for Monica, and Cameron for Molly) plus Monica's husband Donnie. Both Dylan and Cameron are close to Peyton's age (within two months) so it is always fun to get them together. When we lived there, the boys saw each other all the time, but now you can definitely tell Peyton is the outsider. It makes me sad when I see stuff like that, then I really miss living in Spokane, it was going to be awesome for Peyton to have boys his age to play with and be close to. I missed out on all that close extended family stuff living on this side of the state, but back to the real story. So they were taking a mini vacay to the Great Wolf Lodge and squeezed us in. We threw some burgers and chicken on the barbeque and just ate and chat with them while the boys played. Peyton pretty instantly attacked them, but he was in his element. The other boys, especially Dylan, took a little longer to warmp up, once they found the toys though, they were better. I was happy to get to see Allison, I was afraid I wouldn't see her until she was one or something. I swear she is the prettiest baby, none of the baby acne or anything, even my own child didn't look that good and I'm biased! It was a great evening.
Oh, yeah! The best part was they brought me my chocolate, 25lbs worth. I better get to making if I ever want to get done,Peyton is definitely not going to make it easy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same, I wish that little Peyton was over here to play with the boys too and grow up with his cousins. We miss you being over here too, we talk about that often. It was so nice when you were here! :) Anyway, as you said...back to the story...haha. We had a nice visit, the food was great and it was good to see the new little babies. Hopefully the next visit wont be too long away. PS: You might re-think that WUSSY comment, with a newborn and two boys under 2, the drive was NOT PLEASANT. :)

Anonymous said...

That was me by the way, not ANNON.