Friday, October 24, 2008

Walking in somebody else's shoes


Jesse and I are playing a game and glance up. Peyton is in the shoe corner pulling out Grandpa's sandals (nothing new), but this time he is lining them up correctly and attempts to step in. He does. What! Then he starts doing the cutest old man shuffle across the floor.
"He's never done that before!" I say to Jesse, "Get the camera."
He leaps up.
"Wait, the battery isn't in the camera!" I remember.
"Where's the battery?"
"You'll never find it in time! I'll get the battery you make sure he doesn't stop doing that!"
I sprint down the hall, grab the battery, and bound back with it just in time to see Peyton stepping out of the shoes. Jesse shrugs. "What happened, get him to do it again." After a few "words" of encouragement, Peyton steps back in the shoes, and picks up his walk again. I capture the magic moment and it all ends well. Actually, it ends with Peyton falling because he stepped down into the family room with the shoes on and landed on a hanger, whoops!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Peyton is so cute!! He also looks like he is getting so big!! By the way I love you update your blog a lot. I still feel like I'm connected to the family and know what is going on. Thanks
Love Alesha