Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fun Friday

Does it every seem like once you start writing about your life, you suddenly become busier? It has sure felt that way for me these past couple weeks, and not in a bad way, just like we have more going on then usual.

Thursday was crazy for me because I got stuck, I mean the privilege, of watching all three babies in the morning. Some people probably think I am wuss for getting stressed about it, but is seems harder when they aren't your babies because you feel like you can't let them cry at all. I have also started to discover that I am not the biggest baby person. They are fun and all. I like to cuddle with them and make them giggle, but they also cry, poop, and yak all over you. Trade offs I don't always love. OK, I don't hate babies, I am just not one of those people that will come steal your baby the minute you walk into the room, so a morning with two babies and one little terror (Peyton) does not excite me. Plus I could never get them to nap, Isabell peed out and I had to bath her while poor Madison was crying, Peyton was constantly trying to sit on whichever one I wasn't feeding and then he was writing all over my couch. It was a blast, but could have been much worse.

Friday was much calmer and a lot more fun. It started with a girls shopping trip for Melia and I, that ended with neither of us actually purchasing anything for ourselves, except some earrings (they always fit right and never make you look fat) but of course we got clothes for the kids. We tried out the new Aeropostale store but it was too cold for Melia to actually try anything on so we were in and out of there. Bass however was having 40% off of everything in the store on top of the sale prices so I got Peyton some excellent snow boots that were $50 for $25 with tax. After a nice little Wendy's spread we did a little grocery shopping and then were going to try out this little bakery we've seen that Melia has wanted to stop by. Now if you have ever seen Gilmore Girls, she kinda envisioned it as Fran's Bakery, nice old lady, good treats. This was not the case. Cranky old lady, bad selection, NOT good treats. She told us tomorrow was her last day. We weren't surprised.

Later that evening, our friends Stacie and Jason and their two daughters came over for the evening. They have been TV deprived lately and we record a few shows so we thought we could share in the wealth. We decided to expose them to The Office becuase we have been telling them about it, and have been really wanting to get someone else into it. It worked, I think we got them hooked. Stacie really seemed to enjoy it. After that we played Catchphrase for a bit, we'll turn them into gamers yet, and then just hung out and chatted until it got pretty late and the yawns were coming to quickly to be ignored. It was a fun evening. We do stuff at our house, but we never knew who to invite over, maybe now we have someone.

Today Jesse is headed on the youth Temple trip and then Spencer, Melia, Erica, Nate, Madison, Peyton, and I will meet him in Olympia on his way back to go to a corn maze. Hopefully Peyton enjoys the running space and the weather isn't too bad! We'll see. As long as we don't let the boys have the map for too long I am sure we will be just fine.

No comments: