Friday, February 20, 2009

We did it!

As I mentioned, we went to Spokane this past weekend and that was all good, but the downside was I stopped taking my nausea medicine for a few nights so I wouldn't sleep all day while there. Boy did I pay for that the next few days. Also, when we left Peyton was battling a cold and when he woke up on Sunday, he seemed a lot worse. Due to all this, him and I have spent most of the week fairly sick, he also gave me his monster cold and sore throat, so we have been watching more TV then usual, especially cartoons. Ok, to the good part of the story, with all this added Dora time Peyton has started to pick up more stuff from the show. While sitting in the living room one day, he started swinging his arms from side to side and singing. We couldn't tell exactly what he was singing, but then he lifted both arms in the air and said "Yeah". Upon a closer listen, he was singing his version of "we did it" (the song they always do at the end.) Never before has my son broken out in spontaneous song, and even now we can't get him to do it on demand, only when the little performer feels like it. I did try to capture a picture but couldn't on account of his superstar attitude.

No comments: