Friday, February 6, 2009

My secret weapon

Now that food and I are back on friendly terms I have resumed cooking a couple of nights a week. Since I don't cook that often, I feel like going all out when I do, it's fun and the food is awesome. To get my rave reviews I have had to bring out some new dishes that will really wow, however, I cannot come up with recipes on my own. So now I am obsessed with cooking out of these cookbooks I came across. They are called "Top Secret Restaurant Recipes" and they rock. Just a few nights ago I made an Olive Garden spread, and last week I made Outback's Alice Springs Chicken. Coming up I am doing a Chinese night with recipes from Applebees and PF Changs, and some Red Lobster chowder and cheddar biscuits (different nights of course). He also has some other cookbooks that recreate name brand foods from the store and fast food. I made Girl Scout Thin Mints and they were also a huge hit. If you feel like you are stuck in a cooking rut, try these, you won't regret it.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

So what time is dinner on Chinese night? ;0)

track coach and adorable wife said...

6:oo on Wednesday the 18th, to bad you have Young Womens!

Alesha said...

I wish I was there for some of these meals. When I come home will you make some of them:)