Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It's a nice day for a... fast wedding!

As I emerged from my room one morning, I was greeted by Melia saying, "Sarah's getting married." I thought, ok, we knew she was engaged so this was expected, but she was not finished, "on February 13th." What! she was getting married next Friday, that was not much warning. Apparently, they wanted to get married, and quick. After making some fast plans, Dad, Erica, Madison, Peyton, and I were set to head over. However, for such a quick wedding they felt it would be easier to just have a super small ceremony, and they decided to get married at the Hitching Post in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho (where her parents got married.) Since the guest list had to be capped at 15, we were no longer going to attend the ceremony, instead just the bash afterwards. It was still worth it to us, so on Thursday night we strapped the kids in and headed to Spokane. Of all the road trips across the state I've been on, this was not the most enjoyable, but we managed it, sort of...bad mom alert, I took Peyton out the last twenty minutes or so and let him sit on my lap to see the lights of Spokane and keep him from crying.

We weren't going to have much time there, and that kinda bummed me out. One of the best things about Spokane, besides that my family lives their of course, is all the great food they have there. Man, Erica and I could have used to be there a while longer because we only got to hit up the Pita Pit, and had to skip Zips, Tomato Street, Papa John's etc. But the pita was delicious!

All of us just hung out Gramma and Papa's all day and then headed out Friday evening to the reception (yes they got married on Friday the 13th!) Peyton was glued to us for a while, but then he hit is stride, swiping food, opening cupboards, sneaking candy. Exhibit A, he was a fan of the blueberry plate and the m&m's dish!

Peyton with cousin Dylan, this was the best "together" picture I could get of them

He didn't interact with his cousins too much, they just coexisted. Naturally, Steve (uncle) had to take him out to the garage and let him sit on a bike or two, he has a ton and has already bought some for his grand kids. Hopefully, Peyton doesn't get any grand ideas, his grandpa will never buy him one! Steve taught him how to rev it, so he would twist the handle and make a little engine noise, CUTE!
Five generations of Peterson blood, my (great) Gramma P is 99!

The trip was too short, and we didn't get to visit with the fam much, but it was better than not going. Monica (cousin) was quite pissed that we weren't there long enough to hang out, and because we were the first of the family to leave the reception (Dad and Erica aren't much for socializing, or watching gift openings, they are worse than me!) Hopefully, we can get back soon, man I miss it there!
The happy couple, Sarah and Curtis, he was six minutes late to the wedding, and will never live it down!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am also in love with the pita pit. D-LISH! I was excited to hear you were coming over, but you were right...SHORT VISIT! With all my visiting obligations at the reception, I didn't get to visit with you at all :(

Molly