Thursday, February 19, 2009

American Psycho Idol

Most years Jesse and I watch the American Idol auditions just to allow them the benefit of having two more critics, (we are quite self-less,) and we usually even stick around for Hollywood week, but after that we are spent. I get sick of hearing them sing sooo much, and Jesse just plain gets annoyed. But wait, my gut is telling me this will not be that kind of year. We have already picked our favorites, and we like them so much we feel compelled to vote to help send them through. They need us! But who are these artists that have pulled us into their gravitational field, separating us from our sane one where we never vote! Well, the two men forcing us into this obsession are Danny Gokey and ,quick swoon, Adam Lambert.

Now neither are traditionally good looking, but they've got that somethin, that voice that makes your body physically react, and subsequently have to keep rewinding the song to feel that same sensation again. Jesse has a serious man crush on Adam, I am now starting to understand what a "bromance is!" To prove we are not crazy, I want you to take a listen to the siren and his song (on the side bar, down just a little), and freely feel your body being pulled towards the sharp rocks and cliffs we call American Idol. I doubt you will be able to find your way back!

No comments: