Thursday, June 4, 2009

Remodel, finally

When Spencer and Melia got all moved out, oh over a month ago, Jesse and I decided to make a few changes to the room and bathroom. I really like designing and redecorating, but I have never really had any thing I could make over. Of course, I didn't get to do everything I wanted, because of either money or we didn't want to do that much work on something we weren't staying in, but the results were still positive. Before, the bathroom was a little nasty and it definitely needed the most work.



In there, we painted, put in new floors, a new toilet, painted the vanity and redid the counter top, changed the mirror, cleaned the shower really well, and then accessorized.





I am really happy with the way it turned, it is very sophisticated looking and relaxing. The bedroom before sort of looked like a bunch of paint threw up on the walls. Melia loved it, as did Dad, but it wasn't quite our style.

In there, we painted, hung up drapes, got new bedding and a bench, and cleaned everything.

We didn't do as much actual work in there, but it really looks different. I am also happy with the result in there, very different from anything we had ever had. Mostly, it was just really fun to come up with these concepts for the room, plan everything out, and then see a dramatic change. Oh, if I could just get my hands on the rest of the house!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Melia's room was really fun, but I absolutely LOVE what you guys did with the place. Nice job! :0)

Nathan and Raya said...

Looks good! I like your style a lot more than Melia's! I bet it's nice to be done with it!

Alesha said...

I love the new make over!! I can't wait to see it when I come home.