Monday, April 20, 2009

Umm...help, please!

I am really starting to get discouraged about this pregnancy and my summer, the outlook just isn't good. On Saturday, when everybody else was working, I thought it would be nice if I cleaned the house so no one else had to worry about it when they got back. Now I know when I do too much I hurt, but I hate not contributing either so I did it. Saturday evening and Sunday were spent in excruciating pain from both my low back and my pelvic bone. Luckily on Sunday, Jesse made me get into a comfortable position and stay there all day, so I am able to walk again today. Mostly, I am just getting so depressed about not being able to go anywhere or do anything (even sleep well), including my household duties. I am trying to ice it and I have ordered some yoga DVDs that other women say have helped with their low back problems, so I will give them a try, but no solutions yet for the pelvic bone. So I am sending out an S.O.S., if anyone has any suggestions for preventing the pain or how to combat it once I've gone too far that would be great. The prospect of sitting all spring and summer has got me kind of down and I don't want miss out on everything. Thanks!

3 comments:

Nathan and Raya said...

Um, my lower back hurts a lot, but usually is Nathan checks my hips and legs, there is generally one of both of those out of alignment. It helps a lot. I don't know if you've had Jesse check, but it really helps me.
As for the pelvic thing, I would ask your doctor or contact a midwife about it. Why? Because I had a friend with so much pain in the general area and her midwife taught her a stretch. She did it everyday and could walk freely again with out a serious limp. It's an idea.

Nathan and Raya said...

It's been such a long time since we had the opportunity to think of a boys name, that I can't think of many. I think Caden is kind of cute. We really like the name Matthew and we are planning on using it for our first boy, it's after Nathan's best friend Matt. My friend just named her baby Kellen, it's cute.

track coach and adorable wife said...

Jesse hates all things "aden", whether its hayden, caden, aiden. He would have accepted Braden but that is obviously out! i kind of like kellen, though.