Thursday, April 16, 2009

Still a boy!


Tuesday was my second ultrasound and the baby has been upgraded to a 95% chance of being a boy. It was weird this time because Jesse missed the appointment so I went through it by myself. I felt odd being in the room alone and even though I could see the baby better this time, I kind of just wanted it to be over. Everything else with the baby is good; heartbeat was good, my stomach size is on track, and even my weight was ok with them. I have only gained about 2 lbs total so that helps give me some leeway, which I really need! Last time I didn't want Peyton to ever be born because being pregnant seemed so much easier than taking care of a baby, but this time I just can't wait for this thing to get out of me. Maybe I will get lucky and be a few weeks early, though I tend not to have that kind of luck. Being in labor for even 30 hours again seems a fine trade off for not being pregnant. Anyways, the ultrasound pic were a little better this time, but he was head down again so getting face shots were hard. If you can tell the pic below is a profile. He was being really cute and kept trying to cover his face with his hands and cross his legs, like he knew those were the things we were trying to look at so he wanted to hide them. Great to know our kid is even stubborn in the womb!

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Tressa, congrats on a great appt. The pics are cute. I'm hoping the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly. If you want cake there will be plenty around us tomorrow.

Nathan and Raya said...

I know what you mean. I'm already looking forward to being done. I haven't had a horrible pregnancy, but for a few days this week I just felt bad, swollen - even though my clothes were the same, and just off. Plus she kicks me constantly. Yesterday she was kicking so hard that Nathan could see her moving inside with all of my clothes on, I was laying on my back though. But I'm ready to be done.....freaking out about being a mother of two, but ready to be done.