Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Easter Round #1


With Alesha being home, we decided we would do the "big kid" Easter Egg Hunt this past weekend so she could join in with the fun. Even though we have kids now, it still seems impossible for an Easter to pass without us getting to have our hunt. It is such a tradition, a bit absurd, but we like it! Since Sunday turned out to be a gorgeous day, we got to do it outside and enjoy the beautiful weather. As always we started out with the traditional buckets on the head shots and then we scattered as we started our search. I was really hoping that Peyton would pick all my eggs up for me, but he didn't quite get it.Every once in a while he would pick up an egg, but even after discovering the candy inside (and eating eat) we couldn't keep him focused on it. So cute when he did get them, though. He totally has candy in his other hand and chocolate on his face, he was nice enough to bring me one of my empty eggs, though.

If you can't tell, I am trying to get him to pick up the egg on the end of the car, I never did.

We periodically stopped to check our count and see how many we had left to find, I only ended up with 20 of my 21 so I am sure it will turn up later.

After we had finished, notice that mom is actually in the picture!

Although I hardly need the candy, I look forward to this every year. Even with it being hard physically on me this year, I still thoroughly enjoyed my time outside with everyone, especially Alesha (she left for Utah not long after we finished.)I miss her when she's gone, but when she is here it seems like she never left. Love you!

Isabell napped through most of it, but when she came out she looked so cute!

3 comments:

Alesha said...

I miss you already too!! Love you too Tressa!!!

Susie Q said...

What an awesome family tradition!

Stacie said...

I think it's great that you guys do so many awesome things as a family. What a great and very fun tradition.