Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Oops!

As a Mom I have made some really bad rookie mistakes this week. We will start with how I unknowingly let Peyton be in pain (see sounds bad already.) The past few weeks Peyton has been unusually cranky, snotty nosed, drooly, eating bad, and sticking his fingers in his mouth. Now these are all classic signs of teething, even I know that, but somehow I can't count and I thought he had all his teeth. It doesn't seem that counting has ever been a problem for me, but when the counting requires you to stick your fingers into a mouth that will bite you, my skills seem to lack. See, I was sure Peyton had all the teeth he was going to get for a while. I thought he had both sets of molars, so to me he was done. Mom even suggested that he was teething and I informed her he couldn't be and he must just be acting like a pain. However, while he was sticking his fingers in his mouth at church I decided to reach around in there, just to make sure. To my surprise, I felt a little peak. I immediately checked better and then felt overwhelmed by stupidity. My poor baby was getting molars. The last time he teethed with molars, he got all four at once and it took a while. Poor kid has had a throbbing mouth and I was doing nothing to relieve the pain, way to go me!

So after this I must have had my confidence shaken and I was off my Mom game because then came big mistake number two. Peyton's regular hairstylist has moved into town, much to my dislike, and he has been in need of a haircut for quite some time. I was ready to just give him a little trim to hold him over till I got him an appointment somewhere when Mom called the flower shop to see if another one of Dad's old students could do his and Peyton's hair. She couldn't get them in soon enough but the other girl working there could. I had reservations about letting him go to someone whom I did not know the quality of their work, but I was getting desperate. Big mistake! His hair is sort of hard to cut, but man she butched it, and gave him a mini mullet. That is just not worth $10, I could have done that for free. You can see from the pictures it is definitely longer in back, but you can't see how choppy the rest is and he has lines all over it where she didn't layer it very well. I didn't know how to fix that, but Jesse and I took a stab at making it shorter in the back. You can see what you think, it is better, but not great. Never again. Dang Tanda, now I suppose I should just take him in town to guarantee the work. Not a good week for me!


Before he got his hair cut...


After the first cut...


After our attempts to make it look better.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I totally would have cut it for free ya know!

It DOES look a lot better after cutting the back short... it'll grow. ;0)

track coach and adorable wife said...

I think I may totally take you up on that, I just know you have three heads plus others to cut already so I didn't want to be a pain! That may be preferrable to a son with a mullet though!

Nathan and Raya said...

I often will read part of a blog, skip down to the pictures and then finish reading the post. This time I didn't...
I was thinking "his hair can't be that bad", but she really did a number on the poor kid. I don't think I've ever seen his hair that short. The back does look better, but it's still so short. I'd consider leaving the back hills country to have his hair cut next time. lol