Saturday, March 21, 2009

Do I look older?

Yesterday was my 24th birthday but it doesn't feel over because my family party isn't until Sunday. It just never feels official till your family sings to you and you eat your mud pie (yum!) But my actual birthday did not go uncelebrated. Jesse and I had a surprise date night, I wasn't aware of the plans till we were already on our way. It started with a wonderful dinner at Red Robin where they were nice enough to give me my sundae without making me stand up and be sung to. This happened to be just the dinner I was craving so Jesse is quite the good stomach reader.
Some awesome moon boots we saw while at dinner, those deserve a spotlight!

I then had my choice between a night at the arcade, a much loved activity for the two of us, or a movie. Since the standing and walking haven't been my friends lately I opted for the movie. However, we had to wait a while for the movie to start so we ended up going to the mall's arcade to kill time anyway. Mostly, it was Jesse playing, but I did contribute some to our ticket total resulting in the most expensive airheads ever! My movie of choice was Duplicity, the new Julia Roberts & Clive Owen film, and it definitely kept me on my toes. Jesse was just happy that we saw a movie where I couldn't accurately predict the end (I annoyingly tend to do that. I even annoy myself, who wants to know how every movie will turn out?) Even though I was stuffed from dinner, I managed to get down some popcorn and swedish fish, ahh the joys of pregnancy, so I left the movie very full and ready for bed. I don't think I look older yet, maybe by Sunday, but Melia did depress me when she thought I was 25, thanks sis!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday Tressa! :0)

Stacie said...

Happy Birthday!!!! You definitely don't look older. Be thankful you aren't turning 33 in June, then you can be depressed. I'm glad you guys got to go have some fun.

Nathan and Raya said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had a fun one with your man.