Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Pure Randomness

Between us re-doing our room and Peyton's birthday, I was quite distracted for a while and kind of missed posting some stuff. Now that we are done with all that, I am still not totally back in a blogging mood but there are a few things I wanted to make sure I got in here. In theory this is supposed to be like my journal, or at least a record of our family, and I have been doing a terrible job of keeping up with us. Years from now we can just look back and say, "Wow, we were super lame at this time!" Anyways, I got my first real Mother's Day gift this year and I was totally surprised. Jesse is not always the sneakiest person and I am always around Peyton when he is, so I didn't see when he could do something. But on Mother's Day morning, Peyton and Jesse presented me with this apron that Peyton had made using his hand prints. It was so awesome that it made me tear up, and I do not usually do that!

If I had been paying attention, I would have suspected something. When I woke up Saturday I found Jesse cleaning up the mess, but I totally did not connect the dots. I thought it was a very clever idea and now I just wish I had some place to display it all the time!

This was from a couple weeks ago, Peyton and Isabell were upstairs watching a movie and I think they look so cute all snuggled together. You can't really tell but they do have the blankets over them and are quite close to one another.


In other news, Peyton has become the biggest parrot ever. Whenever we say something to him, he just repeats it instead of giving his own response. This is sometimes cute, sometimes very annoying but it makes for interesting conversations. He is definitely talking more now than he was, but it is mostly to himself (or someone we can't see, Melia always did that.) Usually he'll be jumping around saying something and a few moments later, we will figure out he is singing a song. I am actually surprised at how many he seems to know. He will also read us some books, if he's heard them enough, and that is just way too cute. Unfortunately, he also is able to recite a lot of television shows (mostly Dora) and some commercials. We watch the Price is Right a lot and when ever the AARP commercials come on he pays special attention and now at the end of them he always recites, "Yep, this is one great card," with the spokesguy. Apparently, he has a good memory, he must just have a selective memory because he always seems to forget that he isn't supposed to touch the remote! Ok, that is enough for now, I swear I am going to do a remodel blog I just have to get the pictures, so look for it in about a week (he, he, he!)

No comments: