Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Peyton is 2!


Saturday, my little boy turned two. I think I was so caught up with planning the party and working on our room, that I didn't really have time to think about it and let it sink in. But holy cow! I have a two year old, that is so weird. And to think soon I will be the mother to two kids, I will have kids, plural.

Anyways, we started the day with a new tradition, a birthday breakfast. We made him a P shaped waffle and he scarfed it so fast I barely got a picture. The rest of the day we kind of let him do whatever he wanted, partly because it was his birthday and partly because we were both busy getting stuff ready.

His party was a mostly family attended Dora themed party. A couple of Jesse's brothers who live three hours away even came, that was awesome and super nice of them. Luckily, it was a beautiful day so we got to do the everything outside. He is only two so we didn't do much. There was a pull string pinata (surprisingly he wasn't that into picking up the candy) and then we just did cake and presents. It was hard to keep him focused on opening gifts, he preferred to just play with whatever he opened. The rest of the evening we all just hung out and chatted, ate fruit salsa (the best part!), and watched the kids play. All in all it was a great party. Thanks to all who came and helped out, Peyton won't remember it but we will, and we have pictures to prove to him who was there.

Surprisingly, they all jumped fairly well on the tramp together, and they were super cute!

Baby Blake and Ilee, they are the ones who endured such long car rides for this Fiesta.

This was one of the pull string pinatas so all the younger kids could do it, Peyton took a few turns!

All the kids going after the candy, as you can see I am trying to point out to him the candy so he will pick it up.

Peyton's Dora cake, which he sort of helped me do a.k.a. he tried to eat all the frosting as I decorated!

For some reason, Peyton got really shy when everyone started singing "Happy Birthday" to him.

He was better after we blew out the candles (he did not attempt that) and everyone stopped looking at him.

The birthday boy daintily eating his cake.

The car we got Peyton, it was an instant magnet for all the kids.

This is Peyton trying to sit in the car with his cousin Hailey, way too cute!

1 comment:

Stacie said...

Tressa, I feel like a complete dork for missing the party. All I can do is blame the Relay. After being up so long and not getting to sleep when I came home I lost all active brain waves. I remembered at about 7:30 what day it was and saw it on my calendar. I'm a horrible friend. I hope you can forgive me. It looks like he had a great birthday. I'm really sorry we missed it.