Thursday, July 8, 2010

Races

Well it seems I am going to try this running thing for a while at least. I just got done doing my plyo and ab workout and then tomorrow will be a long run. Jesse will have me on a very mild training schedule to get me in shape and hopefully have me running a better time. There is a race this weekend (Toledo Cheese Days), but just Jesse is doing that one while I watch the boys and root him on. He needs the practice for the Chelan Man the next weeekend anyways. So I have about three weeks left to train for my next run. Here are some of the races I am thinking about doing if anyone is looking for some to do, needs motivation, a partner, has advice on them, or any other suggestions for races or running in general. That means you too Heidi!

July 31st- Seafair Torchlight Run 5k (Downtown Seattle) 6:30 pm
August 14th- Loggers Jubilee 2 mile fun run (Morton)
September 4th- Parkland Pace or Race 5k (Tacoma)
September 18th- Run Wild 5k (Northwest Trek)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to do the loggers jubilee and the northwest trek one with you. That one sound like fun. And you are doing awesome at this and are being a great motivator for me in my help to lose weight and get back in shape. Erica

Stacie said...

Hopefully I'll get to be at a few of these. I've not ran any of them so it would be a new experience for me too.

Clarissa said...

Great story. I'm sure Jesse was satisfied with it!! Good luck with your runs and your quest to be faster. :)

Heidi said...

The only one of those I might be able to do is the Run Wild 5k. I already have stuff on my calender for the other 3 :0(

We need to start organizing our own local races! Hmmm... and maybe we could start running on Thursdays...

Institute for Internet Safety said...

Go, go, go girl. A race once in a while will make you fit and healthy. It is good as you're enjoying what you are doing. Good luck!