Friday, July 16, 2010

Heidi's Sweet Sixteen (again)!

The Birthday girl on her 32nd Birthday!

On Wednesday, Jesse and I were lucky enough to get to celebrate Heidi's 32nd birthday with her. It was a fun evening involving Sushi (yuck!), cupcakes (yum!), and go karts (uhh, can you say whiplash!). I'll let the pictures do most of the talking...along with my superior captions. Happy Birthday Heidi, hope you had a blast!
The Birthday girl and her man Andy. He ate us all under the table.

Heidi really wanted to go to this Sushi place for her birthday, so who was I to say no. Jesse also hates all things seafood and he had tried some and survived so I decided to give it a try. As you can see, it didn't go so well for me. I didn't make it all the way through a whole roll. Sushi verdict...never again!

Jesse and I eating cheesecake with chopsticks, yeah we are dorks!

All of us at Sushi Go Round. Jesse, Me, Leslie (Bart's wife), Heidi, Andy, and Bart (Heidi's brother.)

The birthday girl posing by the delicious raspberry filled cupcakes.

Heidi and all her helpers blowing out her 32 candles.

And how could you not love the ultra cool head socks, you even get to keep these babies!

They had these super sweet jump suits so all of us ladies decided to suit up! Clarissa and Doug showed up for the racing portion of the evening, just in time to kick our butts, but they were experienced :)!

The racers all lined up. I got the same go kart all night. I guess I can blame my sucking on that! Although I didn't come in last in the final race, just third to last! These are hardly just go karts, though, they are like mini race cars.

All of our racing mugshots, Andy and Jesse's are particularly interesting. Is that a MOOSE Jesse?

The results from the final race. Doug came in first, Jesse in second, and Bart in third. Although Jesse did say that Doug basically had to cheat to win!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like you guys had alot of fun!
Mom

Heidi said...

I like that... "Sweet 16 Again"... it sounds so much younger than 32...

Thanks Tressa!! I did have a blast. I'm so glad you guys were able to come! The pictures are awesome :0)


Oh, and I'm super proud of you for at least TRYING the sushi!

Yikes, that was a lot of candles... and YES - the cupcakes were AMAZING!

What a great birthday! Thanks for sharing it with me!!

Institute for Internet Safety said...

Celebrating ones birthday is indeed enjoyable especially if with important people in your life. The memories on that special day are worth to be cherished forever. Continue blogging!