Thursday, July 1, 2010

Girls Weekend


Sometimes, you just need to get away, and I had really been feeling like that lately. I love my life (husband, kids, etc) but I just wanted some me time. So I planned a weekend with my sisters, and our honorary sister Heidi, to go up and stay in a hotel in Seattle and partake in some kid free activities.

After figuring out some last minute kid watching situations (thanks again Jesse for saving the day), we headed out for the ultimate girl activity, pedicures! We tried to soak up and enjoy every minute of relaxation in our massage chairs while trying to not to laugh as our feet were being rubbed. Some were more successful than others at that.

With our toes looking all cute we went over to Olive Garden to stuff ourselves full of bread sticks and salad, and did quite a good job. I could barely move the rest of the day. After that we headed north, but unfortunately we hit some traffic and this started to make some minor problems in Alesha's car much worse. Suddenly, every stop was loud and shaky. Not good. By the time we reached Lynnwood, hours later, we were so happy to be out of that car, but poor Alesha was so worried about her car.

Once we checked into our super nice, for us, suite, we went to the pool for some play time. We had it mostly to our self so like grown ups, we played some Marco polo and then hit the hot tub. Poor Heidi was still sick from the car ride so we didn't stay there long. We went back to the room and made plans for the evening. Melia wanted a haircut, something drastic, so we called and got her an appt, and figured that would be a fun surprise for Spencer. As you can see her hair was very long. They even gave it to us in a bag to send to locks of love.

By the time we got back to the hotel we were all tired, how lame I know, but we settled in for the night, did some masks, gave backrubs, ate junkfood, watched tv, and went to bed around midnight.

In the morning Alesha took her car in to get it fixed and then we had some breakfast before my sister in law Raya came to the rescue and picked us up for some beautiful, wonderful, kid free shopping! No girl trip is complete without shopping so we went to the Seattle Premium Outlets in Marysville and I was in heaven. I may have been able to spend all day there, but for everyone else's consideration I tried to keep the stores to a minimum. We did work up quite the appetite talking Heidi out of TWO pairs of expensive sunglasses, so we finished the day with a late lunch at the Old Spaghetti Factory. The meal took a long time but that was ok, our waiter was great and the food was awesome so we just ate and talked. Heidi and Raya realized they have quite a few people in common, small world I guess. By then Alesha's car was fixed, and we loaded up and headed on our way. Everyone was tired and possibly not as recharged as we should have been, but we had a lot of fun. Thanks girls!

4 comments:

Melia Hunt said...

No, thank you for planning the fun trip. It was a blast. Can't wait to do it next year!-Melia

Stacie Dahlin said...

Man, I'm jealous. I can't imagine having a girls outing like that. I really wish I had a sister or two. I'm glad you girls had fun.

Heidi said...

Yay! You blogged about it! And YES, thanks for planning it Tressa! AND thanks for including me as one of the sisters... it was a fantastic weekend. :0)

Institute for Internet Safety said...

We need to unwind sometimes, not just to escape from our life but to relax ourselves. In this way, we live our lives to the fullest. Thanks for sharing!