Friday, September 26, 2008

The Longest Day

Jesse has survived his surgery and has come thru with much improved vision. He can now read the box scores on the tv screen, so he's happy. However, getting there was a bit of a challenge. They kept pushing back his time so it felt like we were waiting around the house to leave. Then on the way up they pushed it back even further so we had to dink around Olympia to kill time. By the time we finally got to Belllevue it was 2:30 and he didn't end up actually coming out from surgery till 5:30. But I had a great time sitting in the waiting room for almost three hours by myself. Read two whole Parents magazines, I am now an expert on parenting.

To make matters worse, I had to drive him home and I tend to be a nervous driver in traffic, then it started raining. Oh MY! Poor Jesse, all drugged up having to listen to my traffic rants. We decided I needed to get off the road and the best option seemed to be to stop and get something to eat. Well, what should have been about an hour stop turned into me driving around for a hour to find a restaurant and then us eating for a hour. By the time we got home we had been gone for 10+ hrs. LONG DAY! But as I said Jesse can see much better and we got to rock out to a long lost mix cd on the way back so it was all worth it!

When we got back Peyton was anxiously awaiting our arrival, I'm sure, and I was happy I got to say goodnight to him. Plus, Dad taught him something really cute. He showed him a picture of a wolf and taught him how to howl so now he does this little "ow, ow, owww!" (or however you spell the wolf sound). Between that and his constant head banging, mostly on the floor, he is quite a character and is entertaining me as we speak with his little shimmy shake, stomp dance! Love him!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so cameron bangs his head on the floor too sometimes! I found it very strange and kinda scary! Good, glad cameron isn't the only giving himself brain damage! WHEW.

track coach and adorable wife said...

Nope, peyton does it all the time, on the floor, doors, other peoples heads, it seems like it would really hurt. Hope there is no permanent damage!