Friday, September 19, 2008

First Post Ever!



So, I never ever thought I would read people's blogs, let alone join the blogging world. But I did it. I am weak. All of your influences took me over and it just seemed so cool, he he he! Or I felt bad because I am awful about keeping in touch with people (emails, phone calls, letters, telegrams, morris code, smoke signals, all of it) so I figured this might be a good way to keep such folks informed and give others a chance to get to know me, since I am too shy to ever strike up a conversation. Most likely it is a combination of the two.

My life is not that glamorous, so we will see if I can find enough to write about. Erica just got a job 4 days a week working at Onalaska in their special ed preschool and Melia starts Centralia College on Monday, so between Mom and I we have Madison and Isabell in the mornings along with Peyton, of course. It has proved to be quite a challenge with just Madison and Peyton but I am hopeful it will get better, although I don't know where this hope comes from. Peyton is just into everthing these days. I spends most waking hours pulling him off of chairs, tables, stairs, couches, etc. I swear he is constantly finding stuff he is not supposed to be in. Not too many words yet, unless uh-oh and tickle tickle count, which makes communicating with him a little bit harder. It has to get better though, right?

We took him to Fort Borst Park the other day to see the ducks and try to feed them, which was an experience. Even after showing him what to do, every piece of bread we gave him went straight into his mouth. Apparently the ducks didn't deserve it as much as he did. That is a picture of him at the top shoving his mouth full. Oh well, it was so darn cute, we will try again later. He is a ball to take to parks becuase he is so fearless. There is no taking him down slides, he just throws himself down head first. Again, a ball to watch, but also slightly frightning for a mother to have a son with no fear.
Tomorrow, Saturday the 20th, Dad is having a "Turf and Sweat" Day (his name not mine). Basically, if you help him outside finish up some of his projects you get a steak, so that is what Nate and Jesse will be doing most of the day while I watch the kids (Erica and Melia are working), but if anyone else is hungry... :) he he he! I really hate working outside, I would much rather clean inside or do the cooking and baking, which I am sure is what I will do!

Ok, well that was pretty long and informative for my first post. Hopefully, I and my page will improve, just give me some time!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I liked your blog, I'll send you the link to Judy's. It is a good way for you guys to see what each other is dealing with. We are enjoying some lovely fall days and nights and hope you are too! Love Linda