Friday, January 8, 2010

Peyton is really...umm...Special!

I need to better about blogging the unimportant stuff. I get so overwhelmed by big events, that I shy away from doing them and in the process miss all the little things. I am fairly good about eventually scrap booking the big things, I need to make sure to write about things I might not otherwise remember. Bring on the Peyton oddities.

He has a few quirks that make him seem quite eccentric to others. For awhile, he was obsessed with standing in stuff. Big bowls, boxes, little containers, anything he can fit his feet into. Whatever he was doing, he would drag said object over and stand in it while doing his activity.


Another weird thing, his security blanket is a beaded necklace. Don't worry he never wears it, he just loves to carry it around. For hours he swings it back and forth, shakes it while talking to himself, and simply clutches it while doing other activities. Even at the doctors yesterday, he had to have his necklace, which was a little embarrassing for me.


One Peyton quirk that is so adorable is Daddy Race. Almost every day he asks for Daddy Race, which is when Jesse races on Mario Kart and Peyton sits in his lap and roots for him. So cute. He pulls him out there, sit him in a chair, says Blankie and Jesse grabs them blanket and he then curls up on Jesse's lap.


Lastly, his new favorite store is Wal-Mart. Anytime, he gets dressed to go outside he asks if we are going to Wal-Mart (pronounced Wal-Nart). If the answer is no, man does he get upset. If we do venture there, of course with necklace in hand, he loves to run around and see if he can lose us. Not such a fun game for me when I also have Brady, but the right candy can get him to sit in the cart.

I love him dearly and he is constantly cracking me up. We just discovered he has strep-throat so that would explain some of his less than pleasurable behaviors, but I hope he feels better soon. Love ya crazy P!

4 comments:

BJ Barnes said...

I enjoy hearing about these unique little ways of Peyton's! What an endearing little man he is! :)

Nathan and Raya said...

Well you know some of P's "eccentricities" (is that spelled right? Oh well!) are just normal kids stuff. Ilee loves to stand in things and fit her toosh into things too. Sometimes it seems weird, but then you hear other kids do the same things.
I've just heard of a few things that Ilee's been doing that I thought were weird and it turns out they are around the same age. It's a developmental thing.
I bet he loves Mario Cart because he's garunteed Daddy/Peyton time. He probably knows it makes you guys happy, which makes him happy too.
And I heard that Ryan & Lorinda had strep when they got home from Christmas, Judy's been sick, Angel was sick, Blake was sick...and the list goes on. Most of them were sick the week after Christmas though. Hope he feels better soon.
Oh and I'm thinking of doing a Super Bowl party, small but friendsly. =)

Stacie said...

Cute post. I need to be better about writing down/blogging about all the interesting things my girls do. Time flies by way too fast.

I hope he is feeling better soon.

Molly Abe said...

Oh my gosh Tressa! Cameron has a silver bead necklace exactly like Peyton's that he HAS to have with him at all times. And whenever Im leaving anywhere (daycare, friends, families) I have to stop and say, WHere did Cameron's necklace go? Cause if we get home and dont have it, the WAR is on!! Same as peyton, he just clutches it while doing all things, even peeing! I very much enjoyed the peyton update. :)