Monday, September 28, 2009

100 years of livin!

The Birthday Girl, she looks awesome!

My Gramma P has made it 100 years and this weekend we headed over to Spokane to celebrate this momentous occasion. I always love having an excuse to go to Spokane, even though getting there is a bit more difficult and it takes a bit longer. After taking off Friday afternoon, we began our journey across the state, with only two stops we made decent time. Saturday was the party day and the morning was full of lots of prep. Melia and I stayed back with the kids because they would just slow the process down. By party time, the kids were jazzed to run around, even though it was really a sit event. One of us spent most of the time chasing them around, but we all got in a little visiting time. It is nice to see everyone, we are all just so shy that we have a hard time branching out and talking to others. Gramma P looked great and came to the party even though she didn't really want to! Her descendants did a presentation of her life represented by 100 of an item that created a memory with her. Jesse and I did roses, Melia movie tickets, Dad tulips, and Peyton closed the show with X and O's. By the time this was over Peyton and Isabell were approaching melt down stage so we took them home for naps. The rest of the evening we visited with family and ate some pizza. Unfortunately, we had to leave Sunday, it seems like we never get to hang out for too long. Hopefully we can go back soon and stay a few days. Happy Birthday Gramma P!

Dad walking Brady around, all the old ladies loved him!

My aunt Jeanette with little Allison (my cousin Monica's girl)

My cousing Molly with her niece Millie (my cousing Sarah's daughter)

Molly and me, Molly has a mouth full of food!

My Gramma P's hairdresser, that is some stellar hair!

My great aunt Linda with Brady.

Melia and my aunt Debby

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for not posting the picture of me with a double chin! good thing you have pics, b/c dad's blog doesnt' have any of the acutal event, just the fire.

Molly Abe said...

And...you actually did it...you published that pic i specifically told you not too!! Me chowin down. ASS!! ;) Wait, can i call you an ass on blog spot?? I just did.

Institute for Internet Safety said...

Amazing! Celebrating the natal day on this great age is so unusual, because some already has a unhealthy body or experiencing various diseases. It's so nice that the family members & friends are there in celebrating Grandma's special day. Thanks for sharing!

Enlightenment said...

Wow! Happy Birthday. Stay strong grandma and always keep the heart healthy. God bless everyone!

THE SECRET said...

Happy birthday! May you have many more birthdays to come:)