Monday, December 1, 2008

Midnight Madness and Black Friday

Our Thanksgiving was super relaxed, Mom almost slept through it, and we just ate a lot! After the boys played football in the morning, they were a bit wiped, so the spent most of the morning sleeping and us girls were planning on shopping all night, so we slept, or tried to, most of the evening. It makes for an uneventful day, or peaceful some might say.


But it didn't matter, I had been jazzed about going shopping. I like to shop and where there are deals to be found, that makes it even more fun (double the shopping high too!) The crowds and people don't really bother me, its all part of Christmas so I just try to be as cheery to them as possible, especially when I just took the last of something and they wanted it too.

Alesha and I right before we headed out to shop at midnight.

Sadly the night did not go as planned. We started at Midnight Madness at the outlets, and I waited in line for about a half an hour for one sweater at Gymboree (but it's a great sweater), saw some friends there (Susie and Ashley if you're curious). Then disaster struck. I started not to feel very good. I had tried pushing through this cough and cold all week and then it all caught up to me I think. I managed to survive shopping a bit longer, but my heart, and money, weren't in it. So by 3:00 I needed to go home and rest, and I didn't have much loot. The plan was rest 30 min, see if I feel better then head to Olympia by 4 or so. Didn't happen. I just couldn't. Everyone seemed ok with it, they were all tired and we were gonna try in the morning. Didn't happen. I have spent the last couple days in bed, and everyone that has wanted to, went shopping but me (uh, pitty party here.) Suffice it to say, the rest of the weekend did not go like expected and I am a bit bummed, at least I got to spend a lot of time with Alesha before she left. Next year, I will be ready!

1 comment:

Stacie said...

I'm so sorry you got sick. I hate being sick and I really hate it if it messes with something I had planned. I'm glad that you were able to spend some time with Alesha though. I hope you are feeling better.