Thursday, May 20, 2010

I'm running?

Yeah, you may have to do a triple take, but I, Tressa, have signed up to run a 5k. I know it sounds crazy. It is quite possible that no one hates running more than I, but I have the regristration to prove it. Craziest of all, it is soon, June 12th. I have signed up to do the Beach to Chowder run in Long Beach and have even convinced some others to do it with me.

Still not sure why I am putting myself through this torture, but I do know that it is helping me to get moving some and at least it is short enough that I know I can finish it, though I am sure I will have to walk some. Honestly, selfishly, the biggest reason I am doing this is because it is something that is just about me, not me being a mom. It seemed to be the easiest thing I could find to do like that. Not a whole lot of volleyball tourneys in the area.

I'll let you know my embarrassing results as well as the fun I have at the hotel and before and after the race! Wish me fast thoughts!

3 comments:

Stacie said...

I'm so excited!!!! No matter what you will finish before me since I'm running the half. You will do great. Which hotel are you staying at?

track coach and adorable wife said...

We are staying in Astoria at the Best Western. A little more spendy then we had planned but we wanted to get a nice pool for the kids.

Nathan and Raya said...

*fast thoughts*
I'm getting nervous about it! I'm excited too....and we will revel in our unglorious slow times togehter...with our t-shirts on. :)
This is dumb, I know, but when I run, even if it's just a mile, my face turns BRIGHT RED. People stare at me, it's that bad. Anyway, I am so excited about crossing the finish line and I want pictures of it and all of us, but I am already embarassed about my face being so red! Makes me feel even more fat. Oh well.